Goplasticpallets.com (GPP) has pledged to recycle every plastic pallet and box the company supplies to customers.
GPP is making the move to highlight that multiple-use products, such as the pallets, can and should be recycled.
The company says that customers will now be able to return unwanted pallets and have them recycled correctly, effectively closing the plastics loop.
The move was inspired by the 2018 announcement by 250 multinationals, including Coca-Cola, Kellogg's and Nestle, that those companies would look to eliminate all single-use plastics from their operations and replace those with recyclable plastics by 2025.
In a statement, the GPP said 96% of the pallets supplied by them are produced using recycled plastics. The remaining 4% use virgin material, while some virgin material is also added to the recyclate to help manufacturing processes.
With the closed loop stream, GPP is hopeful it can further reduce the amount of virgin material used to produce new pallets.